Year 7 and Year 9 Scholarship Information 2022
- You may apply for more than one scholarship, however, only one scholarship will be awarded per student.
- A separate application, including all supporting documentation, must be made for each scholarship applied for.
- Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand.
- Part scholarships may be offered to recognise general excellence.
- Your scholarship application form needs to be accompanied by a completed St Margaret’s College enrolment form and all supporting enrolment documents, including the $150 fee (if you are not already enrolled at St Margaret’s College).
- Please do not send original copies of any documents or certificates as we do not return applications.
- Previous examination papers are not available, and details of results are not supplied.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Sibling remissions will not apply to successful candidates.
- If the applicant is not successful you will receive notification by email. Please note all decisions are final, no correspondence will be entered into.
Timeline for Scholarship
- All applicants are welcome to attend our Open Day on Monday 22 March 2021, pre-registration is available on our website.
- Applications for scholarships close on Friday 14 May at 4:00pm.
- No late applications will be accepted.
- Examination date: Sunday 23 May 2021 from 9:30am – 12:00pm to be held at St Margaret’s College.
- Details of the format of the examination will be sent to you by email in the week prior to the examination.
- Sunday 23 & Monday 24 May 2021: interviews with Director of Sport (and others) for shortlisted sports applicants.
- Sunday 23 & Monday 24 May 2021: auditions with Head of Performing Arts (and others) for shortlisted performing arts applicants. Students will be required to perform two items indicating their present level of achievement.
- Please note with COVID-19, scholarship examinations and auditions are subject to change.
- An interview with the Executive Principal for short-listed students and their parent/s will be required prior to a scholarship being offered.
- Successful candidates will be offered a scholarship on Wednesday 9 June 2021.
- The acceptance of the place must be confirmed by Friday 11 June 2021 at 4:00pm.